Garnet is best known as it’s deep crimson shade of red, however this stone comes in a rainbow of colors! From the fiery orange of Mandarin Garnet to the rich green of Tsavorite Garnet and to the most widely recognized color of Pyrope Garnet, it is considered a great gift to symbolize friendship and trust.
Interesting facts about the Garnet
- The origin of the name garnet is derived from the Greek word “granatum” meaning “pomegranate seed” which reflects the shape and color of the crystals
- Garnets are also the Wedding anniversary gemstone and are given as gifts for the 2nd year of marriage
- Generally, garnets are deep red in color, but they come in a variety of hues because of the different elements present in the stone.
- The garnet is believed to bring good fortune to the wearer.
- It is supposed to protect a traveler. Hence, it is gifted to people going on a long journey.
- Garnet birthstone signifies loyalty, kinship and purity.
- The garnet is believed to remove negativity and bring about positive changes in the person who wears it.
Have a Happy-Positive-Good Fortune Bringing-New Year and wear a garnet!